Monday, May 9, 2016

The Captain's Sculpture, parts 148 - 151

148. It was at this point that Agnes inserted herself into the development on my sculpture, but her suggestions were so good that I could not resist taking her advice.


149. Once the plaster was dry I began to paint the thing very carefully so that it would look exactly like a piece of sidewalk, but she suggested I treat it like a painting, and just splash and drip a lot of different colors on it.


150. She showed me pictures of graffiti on train cars and suggested I use that kind of thing as a way to paint my piece of sidewalk, and that is what I did.


151. I just made a mess of the thing. It is an unusual experience, for a man like me, to do something in the opposite of a careful and deliberate way.

No comments:

Post a Comment