Tuesday, March 22, 2016

The Captian's Sculpture 1 - 4



 1. Why is it, I ask you, that a moment comes when we are suddenly overcome by this desire to tell our friends an account of something that has happened to us in the past, in an effort to illustrate just how stupid and naive we have been.


 2. Perhaps the urge arises simply from a desire to get others to laugh at out expense, but so often such stories fail to hit the mark, and simple result in embarrassment for all concerned. This is how it came about that I suddenly began to tell the Doctor and the Duck about the first exhibition of my artwork, the exhibit that ruined my marriage and my life.


 3. At the time I had no idea what was in store for me, and even if I had made an effort, I would not have imagined the set of events that were set in motion by an innocent trip to New York City in the summer of 1996. It was Mrs. Festini’s idea to make the trip with the sculpture class.


 4. She was particularly excited for us to see the work of some famous sculptor she was very fond of, and at the same time, there was also a show of the works of Henry Moore somewhere, whom she said was a pivotal figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment