Friday, July 10, 2015

Stendhal's Syndrome, parts 4820 - 4823



4820. I am of the opinion that the great writers have always known that a love affair, even one that is extremely brief, is more important than the outcome of any major historic event. Major historic events may come and go, but in this life, true love happens perhaps only once or twice.



 4821. You may object and tell me that the major historic event is important, and writers have to include  romance or their works will not sell or be made into movies, but I have to disagree. Romance is the important thing. 


 4822. Love is as significant as terminal illness, because both obliterate the past and the future, and level all external events to irrelevance. 


 4823. This is why I believe that our unknown writer was suffering the prospect of lost love, I base the diagnosis of his condition on the fact that he said the words, "Everything was reduced to the same exact degree of importance."

1 comment: