Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Beggar's Daughter, parts 4760 - 4763


 4760. It was even worse when Pachabel’s Cannon was so popular, but fortunately, you do not hear that so much anymore. 


 4761. I began to save up my tears for the occasion, and I debated with myself if I would indulge in muffled sobs, with an occasional gasp, or if I was going to go all out, and wail out loud. Obviously I would never do that, but I must admit, there have been times when I have been sorely tempted.


 4762. When we arrived at the church however I became suspicious. I felt something was amiss. It was an English Anglican Church, and Corelli was decidedly not an Anglican. He was a priest in the Church of Rome. I ignored this however, as best I could. The English build great churches, and certainly Handel, and Purcell make me cry also, so all was not lost. 


 4763. But the chairs were terrible and uncomfortable, in the worst way. They had enormous overstuffed cushions on them, so that it was impossible to sit comfortably.  B. noticed this also, and commented on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment