Friday, August 8, 2014

Bluto, parts 3480 - 3483

 3480. There was no point in warning him that I had no idea about how to drive a truck, and did not know what to do with the clutch of a standard shift. Bluto insisted I drive, but before he had me turn on the engine he gave me some simple explanations.


 3481. He held up his hands and sort of rubbed them together as an explanation of how a clutch works saying, “It works like this, my left hand is the flywheel and my right hand is the clutch plate, when you lets the clutch out they come together like this and the truck starts to move.”


 3482. With that he brought his hands slowly together and rubbed them around. I had no idea what it all meant. I pushed the clutch pedal to the floor as I had seen him do a thousand times, and turned the key in the ignition. I pushed down on the gas and let out the clutch, the truck leaped forward about five feet, shut off, and Bluto went flying off the soda box into the back of the truck. “That’s inertia,” I said to him.



3483.  Bluto had never been on the soda box passenger’s seat before; it was a new experience for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment