Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Bluto, parts 3472 - 3475

 3472. At that time the economy was booming, and Pop would just get another job. Once it was plumbing supplies, and so I learned how to plumb, then it was roofing supplies, and we would be up on a roof someplace seeing how copper flashing was nailed down, and how the nails are always hidden by the flaps of the tar paper.


 3473. That was Bluto’s explanation of how he happened to know how to do so many things. I had my doubts however. I watched my mother thread a needle one time, and after than I knew how to thread a needle. I watched a boy on my class playing the violin, and it looked so easy that I tried but it turned out to be much more difficult than it looked. 


 3474. None of that mattered however, the more serious question was this: If Bluto was so smart that he could learn numerous skills by accident, was that proof positive that all his theories and ideas had to be correct? 


3475. If a person is a master of one thing, can he automatically assume some indirect mastery of all things? Is the mastery of an art composed of certain inevitable steps so that the procedure is predetermined?






No comments:

Post a Comment