Saturday, June 28, 2014

Bluto, parts 3320 - 3323

 3320. But I  know you are going to ask me why I  didn’t just cancel three or four papers at a time, or even ten all at once. But when the number got up to thirty-five, how do you tell that to your route manager?  He would have though I was crazy. And what would my father have thought about it?  



 3321. No, it was better to just go on with the route so long as I  was able to manage to pay the weekly bill.  It didn’t matter to me that I wasn’t making any money; that I  had to deliver the entire route for nothing.  



 3322. But then I  got to the  point where I  had forty extra papers a day, and if I  collected every house I was still five dollars short every week.  I  got to forty extra papers a day on April 15.


3323. I  remember the day very distinctly. I still remember that day because there was a sudden spell of very warm weather that lasted for a week.  It started on April 8th and by the 15th all the snow in the entire city was gone, even the huge piles that the city snow-plows create at the corners of the streets were gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment