Friday, February 14, 2014

Faldoni, parts 2784 - 2787

 2784. They have on their side the great painters, the ones they named, and like in a sporting event, you can be sure they have many others sitting on the bench, great artists who liked to paint hair and leaves and such, and they are going to trot them out if I continue in my attempt to elaborate my concept.


 2785. Well, I have my artists also, artists that I can use to prove that serious artists who are truly creative do not like to paint individual strands of hair, twigs, spots on frogs, moisture on window panes, or any of that little tiny stuff. The artist I am going to use to prove my ideas is none other than the great Al Capp.


 2786. You may not know who I am talking about when I mention Al Capp, but you will recognize the name when I remind you. Al Capp, one of the greatest artists of the twentieth century, created the comic strip “Li’l Abner.” 


2787. Mr. Capp drew his comic strip for over forty years, keeping a story running every day of the week, and a separate story for Sunday. His figures, although they evolved over the years, from the beginning were very detailed in both their clothing, their environments, and also their facial expressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment