Thursday, September 26, 2013

Snare Of The Fowler, parts 2224 - 2227

 2224. The question of Poseidon’s anger with Otis, and the earlier but much more well known anger of that same god for Odysseus presents the thoughtful person with a painful question. What kind of stupid, petty, self serving, egotistical gods were they anyway, and why would the ancients give them so much attention with all of those temples, ceremonies, libations, and sacrifices and such.


2225. One honestly gets the feeling that the ancients were in the habit of trying to accommodate and quiet down an unruly child with their devout practices, and the same can be said of the entire history of Christianity, which is just a sequel to paganism. I am sure at this point I had better change the subject as I can feel that I may be angering some of my more pious readers.


2226. But before I change the subject, I have to ask you, What is the use of a god who obviously has no sense of humor or irony, and who can’t see or understand the pathos in a dog’s situation. And I am not talking here about Otis, I am thinking about Leon, what a terrible thing to do to him, it was unforgivable.


2227. The Duck promised to tell us more of the saga of Otis in the future. Not only that, but he asked if we wouldn’t like to know something about Leon. Why would we want to know about Leon I asked. “Because,” said the Duck, “Leon for a moment was possessed by Neptune and got his leg broken as a consequence.”

No comments:

Post a Comment