Friday, August 10, 2012

Buboni Resurrected, parts, 472 - 475


472. At the junk yard the car was parked in line to be demolished, and perhaps the sight of helpless cars being lifted up by that huge magnet and put in the crusher cured it of its inability to start. Anyway, the day it was to be demolished, the yard man was able to get the engine to run, shortly after that it was purchased by Mr. Bertelsby.


473. Sarah Meyers wrote back right away. 'The car not starting like that is entirely my fault. During the last month I was in Paris a wire in the engine developed a short; sometimes it would work and sometimes not, and I never got around to fixing it. Please tell Mr. Bertelsby to replace the green wire that runs from the coil to the distributor. Also, did you say you are traveling with Albert Buboni?'


474. Yes, the other person in our group is Albert Buboni. He is the art historian, who for many years taught at Cambridge.



475. Please tell Mr. Buboni for me, that I love his work and have read all of his books. He has been a real inspiration for me. After he left Cambridge, my art history instructor discovered his works and they are now required reading for art students at the Sorbonne.

No comments:

Post a Comment