Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The 2CV On Strike, parts 324 - 327

Richard Britell July 4, 2012


324. I did not know what to think. I suspected the Duck was making it all up  to entertain himself at my expense, laughing at me because he could get me to believe for a few minutes that cars could express opinions and even go on strike and issue demands that had to be met.


325. "I see you do not believe me", the Duck said, "but listen. Nani told me that the last owner kept a log of all the maintenance in the glove compartment. She used to top up the oil with a coffee spoon. The  log has a big oil stain along the binding.

326. That oil stain is from oil leaking from an nearly full quart of oil left up under the engine bonnet  last year.  We can put that oil in the crankcase and get to the hospital with Buboni.


327. Sure enough, we opened the bonnet and up against the firewall we found an old quart of oil and taped to the side of it was a rag and a coffee spoon.  On the label in ball point pen was written a series of dates and corresponding amounts, it seemed that some time ago Nani used four coffee spoon fulls of oil each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment