Sunday, July 1, 2012

The 2CV On Strike, parts 308 - 311

Richard Britell June 30, 2012

308.  As I stood there in the road with the dipstick in my hand, I became aware of a terrible moral dilemma. Did not my behavior show that I was more concerned about some old car that about Buboni who sat there dying in the front seat?


309. Any self respecting human being would never stop a car to check the oil on an emergency trip to the hospital. What sort of a person was I  anyway. I shut the hood disgusted with myself, got back in the car and put the key in the ignition.


310. "Just what in the loony toons do you think you are doing", said the Duck out of the back seat, "If this old car started knocking at us, it has its reasons, let me have a little chat with him."


311. "Look Duck" I said, "I can accept that you are smarter than I am, and you have universal consciousness, but don't start telling me that cars can reason and have consciousness because I will not believe it."

No comments:

Post a Comment